When you are setting up your factory unit, there are so many things that you will have to keep in mind, because you would want only the best equipment and machines, but without having to burn a hole in your pocket. In addition, you will also want the best performance from all these machines and equipment, because you would want to complete all orders in time and ensure that your clients are happy.
If your unit is one that deals with big machines or large scale fabrication, one of the things that you will need to invest in would be a crane, and what kind of crane you invest in, would depend exclusively on what your specific requirements are. For instance, if you have to transport small objects, then a single girder crane might be more than enough, but for heavier objects, a double girder crane might be a better choice. If your unit is associated with hydroelectric projects, then the kind of crane you would need would be a different one.
Because the choice when it comes to cranes is tremendous, it is important to make your choice with extreme care and an immense amount of consideration. Some of the points that you must keep in mind include:
- The very first thing that you need to keep in mind is that you should choose a company that has been able to build a positive reputation for itself in the industry. Choosing a good crane supplier is half your job done, because everything they offer will be at par with industry standards.
- The crane that you choose should be able to offer you the capacity that you are looking for and also have an elevated level of dimensional accuracy.
- A crane is not a small equipment, which means that it is something that will cost you a lot. This is exactly why you need to make sure that the crane you choose is sturdy and durable. It is also important that the crane is corrosion free, especially if you are intending to use it near water, moisture or corrosive ingredients.
- The load limit of the crane has to be on the higher side, because that is one of the factors that will determine the performance of the crane. It is the same load value that will help govern the lifting functions, which is why it should not be ignored.
- When you are looking specifically at EOT cranes, there is an additional feature which is flexibility. It is the flexibility that allows the user a range of operational choices.
- Finally, it is important that the EOT crane that you are investing in requires minimal maintenance and is also easy to use. The design of the crane should be such that it requires very little space for installation as well as operation.
- Safety should also be a high priority on your list, while making your choice, because while accidents can happen due to human error or negligence, they should not happen because of the fault of the crane.